Working for Etherlive: Event IT Engineers
Etherlive delivers the technology behind UK and Europe’s largest events including Volvo Ocean Race, British Summer Time (Hyde Park) WOMAD and RHS Chelsea Flower Show. With headquarters in Wiltshire Etherlive deploys services throughout the UK, EMEA and the US.
Role is suitable for contractors, casual workers and freelancers
Engineers are responsible for designing, deploying and supporting complex temporary networks relied upon for event critical systems.
Working across the US, UK and EMEA engineers spend time working closely with customers on sites ranging from large music festivals to private high profile meetings.
Location of Work
Engineers are required to work at customer sites as required throughout the UK
Working hours need to be flexible based on customer requirements. Typically Etherlive site teams work a 12 hour day to include breaks.
Skills and qualities
- Dealing with customers
- Some experience in the events industry
- Experience with networking technology to include routing, wireless, telephony and switching
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organisation
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving
All candidates should have the following
- Full UK driving licence with less than 6 points and access to a vehicle (where vehicle access is not available we will look at alternative transportation where possible)
- Valid UK work visa
- Able to work away from home for extended periods if necessary (up to 1 month typically)
- Understanding of unsociable working hours that are necessary in the events industry
Part-time, Freelance, Temporary, Contract
Apply to the casual pool here